BUY PROPERTY AT PATTAYA BUT NOT AT PHUKET, WHY IS IT BETTER TO BUY CONDO OR HOUSE AT PATTAYA THAN PHUKET
If you are wondering if you should buy property in Thailand at Pattaya or Phuket we are going to give you all the good reasons why smart people buy properties in Chonburi province and not on Phuket island.
People who do not know Thailand enough might want to buy property on Phuket island or close area.
They are wrong, and for many reasons. Here is the list of the reasons why anyone who hesitates between buying property at Pattaya or Phuket should choose Pattaya or Chonburi area.
Why not buying property at Phuket island:
– Phuket real estate market is over estimated
– Phuket tsunami risk is too high and one day you might loose your property value (more and more tsunami in Andaman sea in the next years, and everybody knows that a big earthquake will happen)
– Phuket is too far from Bangkok and Phuket airport is too far from areas where it’s convenient to live in Phuket (Phuket airport distance to Patong is over 50 kms). Going from Bangkok to Phuket by bus takes 12 hours, and even when taking a plane you still need to drive 1 hour at least from Phuket airport to your house or condo to arrive home
– Local people at Phuket are not as friendly as people from Pattaya: it’s famous that people from the south are too straightforward and too conservative but also unfriendly and aggressive
– Public transportation at Phuket almost does not exist and Tuktuk driven by Tuk tuk mafia are expensive (and hateful)
– Living cost is expensive at Phuket, even 7/11 convenient stores sells goods at higher price than any other price in Thailand
Why buying property at Pattaya or Chonburi area:
– Pattaya real estate market is not over estimated, prices are fair and even cheap for foreigners
– No tsunami risk at Pattaya and Chonburi (Indonesia is far, no risk around Pattaya)
– Pattaya is near Bangkok, only 1h30 mns our driving distance and soon a fast train will link Bangkok airport to Pattaya
– Local people at Pattaya are a lot more friendly than southern people. Many people working in tourism industry at Pattaya are from Esan north eastern provinces, and really nice people.
– Public transportation at Pattaya is cheap and easy, only 10 Thb to go anywhere around the city by public pick-up
– Pattaya offers everything that Bangkok offers (shops, administration offices, services,…)
– Many international school at Pattaya and around
– Living cost at Pattaya is very cheap, often cheaper than than capital city Bangkok
Any other idea why it’s better buying property at Pattaya or Chonburi area than Phuket ?
Please tell us !